An Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) is a document that says what support you should have if you have Special Educational Needs (SEN)
In Rochdale, an EHCP is called a My Plan.
If you have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), it will say:
- What things you need support with in your life
- What education support you will get to help you to learn
- What health support you will get in your life
- What social care support you might need in your life
- What things you want to do in the future
You might not need an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) if your needs are met at school or college .
Before you can get an Education, Health and Care Plan, you must have an EHC needs assessment to see what things you need support with.
You and/or your parents/carers can request an EHC Needs Assessment yourself, or school or college can do this for you.
During the assessment, you will have the chance to say what things you might need support with.
If you are aged 16 or over, you will be the main person making these decisions unless you are unable to make decisions for yourself.
If you would like some more information around EHCP's please have a look at the links below;
easy read guide to EHCP's
- EHC assessment and review team
- IPSEA - fact sheet for young people