For information about how we are continuing to provide our service during COVID-19 please click here.
How can North East Lincolnshire SENDIASS help Parents/Carers and Young People?
This page provides information for professionals working with children with SEN, and their families.
North East Lincolnshire SENDIASS (Special Education Needs Disability Information Advice and Support Service) provides confidential and impartial information, support and advice on issues related to Special Education Needs and Disability.
We provide a broad range of factual and impartial information about SEN and disability including:
- Local policy and practice
- The Local Offer
- Personalisation and Personal Budgets
- Law on SEN and disability, health and social care, through suitably independently trained staff
- Advice for children, young people and parents on gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to their own situation
- Information on the local authority’s processes for resolving disagreements, its complaints procedures and means of redress
- Individual casework, including support in preparing for and attending meetings
- Help in filling in forms and writing letters/reports
- Support on exclusions
- Support in resolving disagreements, including mediation and tribunals
- Signposting to local or national sources of advice, information and support
- Links to local parent support groups and forums
All of our caseworkers have completed comprehensive national training covering the legal aspects of the reforms and many other topics such as; personal budgets, annual reviews and preparing for adulthood.
They all also have a broad range of skills and experience in working with children/young people with SEN/disabilities and their parents/carers.
We can offer generic training on SEND law, guidance, local policy, issues and participation/coproduction to professionals to increase knowledge of SEN Law, guidance and local policy issues and participation. These can be delivered face to face or virtually.
Additionally, we may be able to offer bespoke training packages designed to meet organisational needs.
How to Contact Us
Our opening hours are Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 8.30am - 4pm. Please contact us either by using our website chat facility, call us on 01472 355365 and leave us a message or email email@example.com. We aim to return calls within 5 working days.
Visit our Facebook page.